Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where The Streets Have No Name...

Where is this place?

Jesus said, “In my Father’s house are many mansions….” John 14:2

The word “house” in the Greek translates to “family.” And the word “mansions” in the Greek means “abode.” This is the same word used in verse 23 where Jesus says that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit will come and make their "abode" with you.

Jesus is talking about His relationship with you!
Your relationship with the family in God's Kingdom.

Could it be some Christians have mis-interpreted what Jesus meant? Are there literal mansions in heaven in the sky? Is there a place where the streets are transparent like glass as though they were made of gold, Rev. 21:21. Or was Jesus speaking of your relationships in the Kingdom of God?

When the band U2 sings "where the streets have no name"....are they singing about the Kingdom of God? Bono said in an interview that this song was about, “Transcendence, elevation, whatever you want to call it.”

Below is powerful video of lead singer Bono and the band U2 doing worship and song. You decide.

I have posted the lyrics below so you can follow along.

Be sure to listen to what Bono has to say at the end of this video!



U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name

I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name

I want to feel, sunlight on my face
See that dust cloud disappear without a trace
I want to take shelter from the poison rain
Where the streets have no name

Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
Were still building
Then burning down love, burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you...
(its all I can do)

The cities a flood
And our love turns to rust
Were beaten and blown by the wind
Trampled into dust
Ill show you a place
High on to desert plain
Where the streets have no name

The Kingdom of God is built upon relationships!

First your relationship with God and secondly your relationship with everyone within the family of God.

"I go there with you..."

Steve Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment